Almost the greatest love story ever told acc to Angela and Reggie episode 3

The last time I wrote this story I had been married for just a month and I hadn't even turned 40 yet well we have now been married for eighteen months and we have just celebrated our second Christmas since we got married.
Now back to the story Reggie and myself had been having a conversation about Reggie wanting to moving to England. I found out later that he had received a word about how he would have something with England and Ireland by a well known prophet in the Netherlands.
I never thought he would actually move to England because he had mentioned it several times over the years, though this time it was more than a passing comment.
I told him about the dream I had to set up a cafe for young people and to franchise this and see it as a ministry really touch people's lives. As soon as I told him about this he said I am going to move to England and I am going to help you set this up. At that point I thought back on the friendship which I have to be honest I had noticed and then I blurted out 'we make a good team don't we.'
It was a cheeky comment I had no idea what it would lead to, Reggie answered 'Yes we do, and I have to be honest with you I've always liked you I just never had the guts to ask you out, so will you consider going out with me .'  I know that your a little older than me and that's why I have never said anything.'
Well I was completely speechless my world had just been completely turned upside down. You may think that what I replied was particularly harsh I actually thought I would put him off with my next comments but once again I was so wrong, in fact it had the opposite affect. I had heard it said that the harder you play to get the more that guy will pursue you. You see I had never had this revelation or at least I had never put it to the test. Up until now for the most part and even when I had done online dating I had always been the one to chase in desperate pursuit as a result I had chased everyone away. Still I am glad that I did because I may not have ended up with the young gem who I have now.

Back to the story after picking myself off the floor I responded,' well it isn't about your age I've been out with loads of guys 10 years younger than me this point is I'm not attracted to you.
Well at this point I thought he would be running for the hills but no this young dutch man was determined. At the same time something in me didn't leave it there, I went further by saying,' but I can see that we have similar passions and callings and are heading in the same direction so ok I will give you a chance,'
This one date turned into three weeks of dates and within an hour Reggie had arranged to have a place to stay in Manchester. We video messaged for the second time and I kept saying that I couldn't believe what was happening, I was stunned. Yet I knew that this one message interaction and video call was going to change my life forever and I was not wrong.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to turn the light on!

Manchester!!!!