to do or not to do that is the question!

Being a follower of Jesus is not about the doing it is about the being. So who am I when I am not doing anything does my life still have value am I still worthy am I still a Christian. Well of course I am but so often our relationship with God can get so mixed up with doing stuff that when you stop it's like whats the point for the relationship or does it even exist. I found myself in this place the other day it was my day off and I felt kind of lost and I read the passage about where Jesus sends out the disciples and they come back all excited that the demons listened to them and cleared out and Jesus rebukes them and says don't rejoice because of that rejoice because your names are written in heaven. All of a sudden it dawned on me that I was again putting to much emphasis on what I did or I had to do and that my passion only comes out of what I need to do. Still my relationship needs to go so deeper than that but then passion is something I will address at another time because I think passion is a huge issue for us here in England!! Our identity shouldn't be in the ministry we are doing even if it is going well but in the fact that we belong to Jesus and we already have places in heaven and our names are engraved on the palms of our fathers hands.
I think I will add more to this blog as it is something God speaks to me constantly as it seems to be a constant strugglel of mine, we can get so busy and tired that we forget the very reason and even person we are doing it for. There should be no other motivation than bringing Joy to God's heart!!!!Don't focus on the doing focus on the being and I realize I am not very good at being always needing something to do. I am beginning to understand what Jesus meant when he said you will always have the poor but you won't always have me.' Jesus was teaching us to have our priorities if we focus too much on the doing we will leave Jesus out of the picture and we could lose him all together. If he isn't at the centre of the picture the rest doesn't matter. Where -ever you look there is so much need, focusing on Jesus helps us not get overwhelmed with the need but shows what the next step is and he walks with us in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to turn the light on!

Manchester!!!!