Travellings!!!!

Hey Peeps

I am in England at the moment waiting to see whether I will be carrying my journey on to Eastern Europe Latvia and then Italy afterwards before returning to Argentina at the beginning of March

I am writing this from my mum and Dad's living room in Manchester and despite the present confusing circumstances I am glad to be here because being here is an answer to a prayer I made to God before I chose to  go to Argentina to do the counselling school.  I remember saying to God when he made it clear to me that I had to go back to South America 'but Lord what about my parents.?' Here I am less than four months later in my house in Manchester.
The way God got me back here was an absolute miracle as well he found me a flight where there were no flights.

In December England was in chaos with the extreme winter conditions so when I started ringing the agency I bought the flight with it took me an age to get through and quite often I would get cut off because the connection was not great.  When I finally did get through I was told that the only flight that existed was on 23rd January next week and it would cost £2000 plus a fee of 150 EUROS to change the flight and it wasn't even from Buenos Aires it was from Sao Paulo so I would need to find the money for the flight to Brazil.  Thank you but no thank you I got off that call very disappointed I could not see a way forward.

Then the base leader of the house suggested I went straight to the TAM office in Centre of Buenos Aires to see if they would change the flight directly I was very reluctant but thought well I have nothing to lose so I went with a friend and as she was Argentine I let her do all the talking. She did, didn't even mention the agency with whom I bought the ticket online but there were no tickets and any that did were of astronomical prices.  At that point I shot a prayer up to heaven 'Lord I know there is nothing but find me something in the system.' My friend had a brain wave she asked if there was anything from Sao Paulo at that moment she found a flight which left on 11th Jan last week.

So then I had to find a flight to Brazil and I realised as I searched for flights that the cheapest would be Friday that would mean 4 days in Brazil Sao Paulo a friend I had not seen or spoken to for six years just happened to be online so I arranged to stay at her house and to top it off her dad invited me to preach at his church on the Sunday night.

I ended up in Campinas which is about 2 hours from Sao Paulo and I was quite surprised at how developed Brazil was there seemed to be less poverty in Brazil than I thought there would be.  I was assured by my friend that Brazil was in the emerging countries groups.  The real is stronger than the Peso in Argentina and the prices are not as high as Argentina.  I preached on Sunday night on Obedience and I was nervous at first as it was the first church I had been invited to preach in that had nothing to do with an outreach. As I started to tell my stories of historical Christian transformers I began to enjoy being there preaching I became more natural passionate and I ended up preaching for 1hr 40 mins but that was with translation. Mental note next time take a watch or mobile.  Thankfully when the pastor started to give me a nod I was finishing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Chapter begins in the West End

Time to turn the light on!